I thought it was really convenient that he could add soaked smoking wood chips into his Weber grill while the charcoal was hot via the hinged sections of the grate.
Eventually I decided to purchase what I consider the best charcoal grill that is out there in the market – the Weber 22” Charcoal Kettle Grill. One of the main reasons I did so was because once I had this grill I could buy all of the accessories that go with this size grill. The Weber Hinged Cooking Grate is one of those accessories!
Check out my youTube video below which shows me using my Weber Hinged Cooking Grate!
Images of my Weber Hinged Cooking Grate
(Click on any image for a larger view)
Features of the Weber Hinged Cooking Grate
- Grate Dimensions – 21.5″ Diameter
- Shipping Weight – 4.45 pounds
- Color – steel
- Material – Nickel plated steel
- Flip-up sides allow easy addition of charcoal or smoke wood
- Grate has curved hand grips
- Compatible with Weber 22.5 inch kettle grill